I couldn't deny the cold weather of 2012; it had permeated every part of my body with this unusual freezing, and my breaths came with difficulty, cold and endless glaciers. I was alone with my laptop feeling like the last stone of the world waiting to be blown down into the abyss; I looked with deep tenderness at my computer; it was the only thing I had, the only one that would be able to carry my voice and my appeals to the world from the cliff of life in this phase.
I looked at it and it stared at me, like those windows that were blowing in our backyard at my parent's home, while my heart was flooded with dreams. Now it's like I'm watching a tragic piece of cinema, a movie in the middle of winter, the voice of a Starbuck's employee: We will be closing in 10 minutes. With great gratitude I look at her and I say, "Okay". I leave the cafe and continue walking; the city of Athens is not the same at all, and my tears fall down. I say to myself, "Don't cry please," and take another sedative. My laptop and I would stay in the medical school reading room until morning again. I was counting the moments and awaiting my death in Athens.

So moving! Thank you for sharing it with us...
ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφήDear Dr. You are an example of a brave and strong Kurdish woman with high self-confidence. And I am very happy to meet you.
ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφήYou are a talented woman
ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφήI wish you the best
ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφήI understand your pain from your writings...
ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφήA Kurdish woman is always strong and proud
ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφήIt is so moving to read these lines of yours! Behind this described coldness I know there is an infinite amount of suffering, horrific violence, calculated malice, manipulation and lies, people who want to destroy you. And yet in every sentence I feel your strength and energy to stand up to these injustices and people you have experienced and to fight with fair means to the end. And your tears and your writing are the unbroken belief that somewhere there is still respect, humanity, human warmth and understanding and, last but not least, God who loves and supports you.
ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή